Often QuickBooks Closes Unexpectedly while working and disrupts a fruitful routine. Let us take a look at why it occurs and what you can do to fix it efficiently.
As QuickBooks is an extensive software with various functions, Some bugs/glitches may cause it to crash unexpectedly. A user may face sudden closing of QuickBooks (crash with an unrecoverable error, QuickBooks has stopped working or without any error) while working on it. Such impacts may lead to the loss of critical company files and data. Sometimes QuickBooks crashes unexpectedly with a “Com Error” message, and this type of crashing error has a different solution. You can follow our blog on Crash Com Error in QuickBooks for an answer.
The unexpected closing of QuickBooks can ruin the user’s work routine. While this blog offers detailed insights into the issue, professional help is also available. You may call us at +1- 855 738 2784 directly and get instant assistance from professional advisors for any issue bothering you
What is QuickBooks Keeps Closing Error?
Many users report QuickBooks keeps closing errors while they launch or work on the application. A user can be drafting an invoice, sales contract, email bills, form reports, etc. This issue can erupt anytime and interrupt a user’s work.
QuickBooks automatic shutdown can cause a person to lose their unsaved changes. It can be highly daunting as they cannot perform any operation. Although a person can tolerate this situation once or twice, a regular occurrence indicates a severe issue. Therefore, it is critical to analyze what causes this error and how to fix it effectively.
Read Also – How to Fix QuickBooks Won’t Open Issue
Instances Where QuickBooks Shuts Down Randomly
QuickBooks shuts down randomly in the following scenarios:
- While randomly working on invoices or sales orders, QuickBooks may crash without warning. As a preventive measure, make sure you close the first invoice or the current report before moving to the next one. QuickBooks can easily handle a few reports simultaneously, but if you open several, it might struggle to function efficiently.
- The increased workload of various reports operating simultaneously can lead to QuickBooks shutting down without notification or warning.
- Users may see their QuickBooks crashes while mailing a large report.
- The error may also appear while working with a report or other various centres.
These tasks mentioned above may cause QuickBooks Closes Unexpectedly sometimes. So, you must work with preventive measures while performing such tasks.
When QuickBooks crashes due to such tasks, you may encounter the following errors:
- QuickBooks has stopped working.
- QuickBooks may Disappear without any Error.
- Random codes (QuickBooks Unrecoverable errors)
Top Reasons Behind QuickBooks Automatic Shutdown
While the instances mentioned above may prompt the error codes to appear, the following points provide other leading reasons for QuickBooks automatic shutdown.
You might wonder what the company name has to do with QuickBooks crashing. Turns out, when the company name exceeds the specified character limit or doesn’t adhere to the standards, it may cause a crash.
Issues with QBWUSER.ini File
A damaged or missing QBWUSER.ini file is one of the primary reasons for QuickBooks shutting unexpectedly.
Troublesome Hard Drive
When the user’s hard drive gets corrupted, QuickBooks may crash on startup.
Installation or File Problems
Damaged or missing QuickBooks components, incomplete or improper installation, and damaged program files can cause QuickBooks to shut down.
Damaged or Outdated Windows OS
If you haven’t updated your Windows operations system to the latest version, or if it gets damaged, it will lead to this error.
Old QuickBooks Version
Like Windows operating system, the QuickBooks application should also get updated regularly. Not doing so can trigger “QuickBooks shut down after login” issues.
Constructive Resolutions to QuickBooks Keep Shutting Down Issue
The following methods can be fruitful in resolving the QuickBooks keeps shutting down Windows 10 problem. However, make sure to generate a backup of all your files before executing these steps to prevent data loss.
Solution 1: Get the Latest Updates Installed of your QuickBooks Desktop
If you are facing such a QuickBooks Closes Unexpectedly, then, first of all, update your QuickBooks software to the latest available version to avoid/tackle such problems. Update your QuickBooks and again try to perform your tasks.
- Find and right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon on your Windows Desktop and select Run as Administrator.
- When prompted, enter the admin account’s login credentials and hit Enter.
- Now go to the Help tab and click the Update QuickBooks Desktop option, and this will open the QuickBooks Update window.
- Go to the Update Now tab and click the Get Updates option to prompt QuickBooks to download the most recent updates released by Intuit.
- To install the downloaded updates, you will need to restart QuickBooks, and it will ask for your confirmation to install the updates.
- Click the Install Updates button, and your QuickBooks will get updated as soon as the updates are installed.
- Retry to perform the same task that triggered the error earlier and check if your issues have been resolved now.
Recommended To Read – Fixation of QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Solution 2: Run Quick Fix My Program Tool to Repair Minor Damages to the QuickBooks Program
Quick Fix my Program tool is developed to counter general QuickBooks Desktop issues that arise when some of the program files get corrupt or stop functioning. Quick Fix my Program tool hardly takes more than a few minutes to repair all the program issues that prevent QuickBooks from running on your system.
- You can find the Quick Fix my Program tool in QuickBooks Tool Hub so, if you have not already installed the Tool Hub application, immediately get it installed.
- If you face trouble finding the Tool Hub application, click the Help tab and select QuickBooks Tool Hub, and you will get the Tool Hub download page.
- Download the Tool using the relevant download link and run the downloaded installer file named “QuickBooksToolHub.exe” to start the installation.
- Run Tool Hub after the installation finishes using the desktop shortcut.
- Go to the Program Problems tab and select Quick Fix my Program.
- Wait till the Quick Fix my Program tool repairs the issues in the application and retry to use QuickBooks, and check if you can use QuickBooks without any issues with this troubleshooting solution.
Solution 3: Choose to Rename the QBWUSER.ini File
Note: It is critical to know that renaming this file can erase the previously opened company files list. Therefore, you will need to open them manually post renaming.
When the QBWUSER.ini file is the culprit for QuickBooks Closes Unexpectedly, renaming this damaged or missing file can help. Initiate this solution as follows:
- Go to the folder where you have saved the QBWUSER.ini file. However, if the folder isn’t visible, consider enabling the hidden folders to view it.
- Here, right-clicking on this file will give you an option to rename. You should add .old at the end of the file name and also change the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file. After modification, the QBWUSER.ini file will look like this- QBWUSER.ini.old.
- Finish by re-opening the QuickBooks application and use it for a while to see whether the error persists.
Solution 4: Update Windows
An outdated Windows OS can also lead to QB crashing. Therefore, undertake the Windows update from Microsoft. However, after the update completes:
- Start your workstations again and try to open your QuickBooks application and company files again. Use the app and files for a while to ensure it doesn’t crash again.
- If QB Desktop faces installation issues, check and try again.
- The error resolves when the QB Desktop installs on your device successfully and opens without interruption.
Solution 5: Initiate QuickBooks Desktop Application Suppressing
Damage to the company file can lead to QuickBooks closing suddenly. However, if you wish to verify whether the issue is with QuickBooks or the data file, try opening the previous company file.
Pressing and holding the Ctrl key and double-clicking on the QB Desktop icon can help in this procedure. Ensure that you do not leave these keys until the ‘No Company Open’ window appears on the screen. However, you may also encounter QuickBooks freezing or an error message.
Finish by selecting a company file and choosing the option that says Open for results.
Still, if your QuickBooks Closes Unexpectedly, even after updating, reach the support team to get instant assistance for the issue. Certified experts will resolve your issues in the shortest possible time. You can directly call us at +1- 855 738 2784, and we’ll assist you.
What does the QuickBooks Start to Open then Closes Error Look Like?
The QuickBooks starts to open then closes error shows the following symptoms:
- The QuickBooks application closes suddenly while the user is engaged in work.
- The screen may freeze, and a blue loading circle may keep on spinning.
- Despite repeated mouse and keyboard commands, the app may not respond.
- Other applications may also feel a hit and stop responding.
- Sudden crashes, unable to open the app, and error messages flashing on the screen can reflect this issue.
Will Repairing or Reinstalling the Programs Delete my Company Files?
No, repairing or reinstalling doesn’t erase your company files. It may impact the program files, but the rest remain unaltered. However, it is critical to safeguard your files, and thus, as a preventive measure, you must create a backup of files.
Related Posts –