QuickBooks application needs no introduction to those in the accounting world. The application is packed with benefits, yet some users are bugged with unexpected errors. Errors that have no root cause and no sure shot solution. In return, the errors turn more frustrating, and one similar issue is QuickBooks Error 429. The error 429 in QuickBooks is generally observed when a user tries to export Tax Form Worksheets in the Employee tab. During this process, they may see the error message saying “Cannot connect to QuickBooks, and towards the bottom of the screen, Error 429 – ActiveX Component cannot create Object” is displayed. If you have been searching for the solution for the above, this guide is curated for you.
Follow the solutions listed in the blog to resolve the QuickBooks Error 429 manually or call the support team on 1.855.738.2784.
Guided Steps to fix QuickBooks Desktop Export Report Error 429 Activex
QuickBooks Desktop Export Report Error 429 Activex is a complex error, and our experts have studied the error in detail to list the five solutions for you finally. Follow them one by one to get rid of the error manually.
Solution 1: Uninstall anti-virus programs on your system
It has been seen that an anti-virus program might be blocking the script running in Excel, and hence, uninstalling the anti-virus applications can fix QuickBooks Error 429. Here are steps to do that:
Windows 10 users:
- On your home screen, navigate to the Start menu.
- Choose the Control Panel option.
- Use the Programs category and click on Uninstall a program.
- Look for the anti-virus programs on your system that you want to remove, and then click on them to select the Uninstall option.
- After the uninstallation process is complete, restart the system.
Users of Windows 8:
- While in the Desktop Mode, click on Settings.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features.
- Click on the anti-virus program to remove and then choose Uninstall.
- Restart the system after seeing the completion message on the screen.
If you have Windows 7:
- Use the Start menu to reach the Control Panel.
- Under the Programs category, choose the Programs and Features option.
- Click on the anti-virus program that you must remove.
- Use the Uninstall/Change button for the same.
- Lastly, restart your PC when the message appears on the screen.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error 416
Solution 2: Update Office to the latest version
The occurrence of Error 429 – ActiveX Component cannot create Object can root from an outdated version of the Office. Hence, using these instructions, you can update it to the latest release and fix QuickBooks Error 429.
- Launch an app of the Office and create a new file.
- Click on File from the top menu.
- Choose Account (or Office Account in case of Outlook).
- Underneath the Product Information option, click on Update Options.
- Press the Update Now button.
- If the Update Now option is not visible, you must select Enable Updates first.
- Once the updates are installed, close the “You’re up to date!” window.
Solution 3: Review that your version of Excel is compatible with the installed QuickBooks
Our users have observed that if they use QuickBooks, that is 32-bit, with an Excel on 64-bit, QuickBooks Error 429 appears. To fix this, try uninstalling the 64-bit version of Office and installing the 32-bit version of it.
Solution 4: Update QuickBooks Desktop Manually
QuickBooks application, when outdated, can give rise to errors like QuickBooks Error 429, and through the steps below, we will update the application manually.
- Close the QuickBooks app and the company file or restart the system.
- Go to the Start menu on your screen and search the QuickBooks application.
- Right-click on QuickBooks, and click on Run as administrator from the menu.
- The above steps will open the No Company Open window.
- Once on the No Company Open window, on the top menu bar, click on Help and navigate to the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Choose the Options tab and press the Mark All option.
- Click on Save.
- Use the Update Now tab and then select the Reset Update checkbox.
- Finally, use the Get Updates button.
- You will see that update process will start automatically.
- After its completion, close and reopen QuickBooks.
- At last, restart the system.
Recommended To Read – QuickBooks Error 403
Solution 5: Repair QuickBooks Desktop and run Payroll Reports in Excel
By repairing QuickBooks Desktop installed on your system, you can fix any glitches that may occur due to damage or corruption in the software. Hence, following the steps in this solution, you can eliminate QuickBooks Error 429.
- First, restart the computer. Restarting your system will shut down any background process hampering QuickBooks tasks.
- Keep a backup of your company file as this is vital to avoid any loss when following this solution.
- Go to the Start menu and click on Control Panel.
- Choose the Programs and Features option.
- On some operating systems, you may see the Uninstall a program option.
- Use the list of programs to look for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the QuickBooks Desktop application and choose Uninstall/Change.
- Choose Continue and then Next.
- Choose the Repair option.
- Hit on the Next button and let the system complete the repair process.
- Once the process is complete, click on Finish.
- Restart your system if prompted.
Once the QuickBooks software has been updated, we will now try running the payroll report to see if QuickBooks Error 429 still appears.
- Here’s how to run the reports.
- Use the top menu to click on the Reports option.
- From the drop-down list, choose Employees & Payroll.
- Click on the Summarize Data Payroll in Excel option.
- Press the Enable Content button.
- Choose Dates and hit on the Get QuickBooks Data option.
We hope the five solutions discussed in this article proved helpful in fixing QuickBooks Error 429. But as discussed in the beginning, this error has no solid reason for its occurrence; thus, its solution can be tricky. So, if you encounter this error even after following our experts’ instructions, try this last method. Call support team on 1.855.738.2784 and get on-call assistance to fix the error.
Related Posts –